LGFL Ltd: Our Community and Charitable Ventures
As lawyers who spend our days helping families, we believe in supporting the wider family we all belong to - our community. Supporting local community initiatives and organisations fits with our core values of care and professional responsibility.
We also support national and international charities through regular donations and awareness-raising activities.
All the team and Directors at LGFL Ltd feel strongly that businesses have a wider responsibility to set an example and help our local, national and global community thrive.
- We support young sports teams including a local youth football team and cricket team. These teams encourage their players to be the best they can, and to be part of a team striving for excellence too.
- We have supported a number of national charities over the years. We choose a charity of the quarter, so that a variety of charities benefit. In additional to regular donations, we have held MacMillan coffee mornings at our premises, and participated in the Race for Life to raise awareness. Most recently we have supported Spotlight in Popley through funding a dance class for disadvantaged children.
- We use local business suppliers whenever possible, and develop long-term partnerships with them to support and sustain the local economy.
- We help inspire and train the next generation of lawyers through the Law Society Mentoring scheme, our own local intern scheme, and our mentoring activity. We also give talks to students and young aspiring lawyers at law schools and universities.
- We recycle every scrap of paper we can, recycle ink cartridges, communicate electronically to reduce paper use, and think of the environment at every stage of service delivery.