COVID-19: self-isolation, working from home and domestic abuse
At LGFL, we are acutely aware that COVID-19 will inevitably create additional strains on family life through kids being off school early, self-isolation, illness, working from home, financial changes or simply being together in the home much more than usual.
Additionally, we also know that for for those affected by domestic abuse and/or coercive control, the home may not be the safest place to be.
So, please find below a list of local and national organisations, tel numbers and websites that can help you.
Remember, our emergency services are here to help everyone, not just those with the virus. If you are experiencing domestic violence, the time to act is NOW.
- Call 999 and if possible, get yourself and your children to a place of safety.
- Women, call the National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Men, call the ManKind confidential helpline on 01823 334244.
Once you’re safe, contact us for professional legal advice on how to proceed.
- 24 hour National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Domestic Abuse Prevention Partnership: 02380 001 061
- Respect (perpetrators): 0808 802 4040
- Berkshire - Women's Aid: 01189 504 003
- Hampshire - Stop Domestic Abuse: 0330 0165112
- Surrey - The Sanctuary: 01483 776822
- Mankind - Helping Men Escape: 01823 334 244
- Male Advice Line: 0808 8010 327
- AMIS Scotland: 0808 800 0024
- Men's Advisory Project - Norther Ireland: 02890 241 929
- A safe place for women in need: 0808 8010 357
You can also download the following leaflets: