Domestic Violence and Emotional Abuse against women
There are approximately two million victims of domestic abuse a year, two-thirds of whom are women.
Domestic violence by your partner can take many forms, including:
- Physical abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Financial abuse
- Coercive control
All women can be the victims of domestic abuse, regardless of age, race, background or marital status.
Abuse does not discriminate and is never acceptable.
Most types of domestic abuse are a criminal offence. As experienced domestic abuse lawyers, we can deal with your situation as an emergency, to keep you and your children protected.
If you are experiencing domestic violence, the time to act is NOW.
- Call 999 and if possible, get yourself and your children to a place of safety.
- Call the National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 200 0247 (24 hours)
- Once you’re safe, contact us for professional legal advice on how to proceed.
Obtaining an injunction
We can help you obtain an injunction from the court against your husband, same sex spouse, civil partner or cohabiting partner. In cases of domestic or emotional abuse, an emergency injunction can be made without the prior knowledge of the recipient.
Our central Reading office just a few minutes’ walk from Reading Central Court, so we can act quickly to obtain injunctions and court orders on your behalf.
Need an emergency injunction? Call us today and keep yourself safe - 01189 735521.
Expert advice on court orders
At LGFL, we offer clear advice and professional help to:
- Obtain a non-molestation order
- Apply for an occupation order
- Establish your legal rights to your family home
- Resolve who the children will live with
- Divorce an abusive spouse
Coercive control by your partner
Coercive control is when your partner:
- Limits your freedom
- Checks your calls
- Alienates you from your family and friends
- Controls you financially or withholds funds
- Seeks to damage your reputation
If this is happening to you, call us. We can and will help you.
Why consult LGFL
If you are suffering in an abusive relationship, call us for a review of your situation. We offer a free 30-minute confidential consultation for qualifying clients in our discreet offices in Reading or Swallowfield. With anonymous entrances and multiple tenants, nobody will know which business you are coming to visit.
Suffering abuse? Act now
If you are a victim of any form of domestic abuse, emotional abuse or coercive control, please contact us at LGFL Ltd to arrange an urgent consultation.
If you are in any immediate danger, always call 999 for police assistance.