What is mediation?
Anne explains how mediation can help resolve your family law disputes in a safe environment.
Mediation is a way of resolving family law disputes between yourself and your former partner.
My role as a mediator is neutral. I'm a facilitator to help you and your former partner have those discussions directly between you, in a safe environment to do so.
It's a process whereby you each listen to each other and you hear the other party's point of view. Consequently, that can be very powerful and lead to much better, longer-lasting relationships between the two of you. You each understand where the other is coming from.
The advantages of mediation, therefore, are not limited to, but can include...
- Stronger relationships. So, it's much easier for those important future family events that are gonna inevitably come up, weddings, christenings, graduations.
- An agreement that you reach together is much stronger than one imposed by a court.
- Mediation is a much less destructive process than litigation.
- Third parties can be brought in if necessary and needed, such as financial advisors to assist in the process.
- Finally, it can be cheaper and quicker than court proceedings.
If you think this is a process that can help you and your family, then please do give us a call.